For Pregnant Women and Children
Dental care is directly provided by the Maryland Healthy Smiles Dental Program. Contact Scion at 1-855-934-9812 or visit the Scion Dental website for more information or to find a dentist.
Some of the covered dental services for children include:
- Regular checkups.
- Teeth cleanings.
- Fluoride treatments to help prevent cavities.
- X-rays to check for unhealthy teeth.
- Fillings to treat cavities.
- Root canals to treat unhealthy teeth.
- Crowns to cover damaged teeth.
- Extractions to pull out unhealthy teeth.
- Anesthesia to stop pain during treatment.
- Space maintainers to fix crooked or crowded teeth.
- Orthodontia to fix problems with teeth, mouth, or jaw.
Children may also receive fluoride treatments from primary care physicians and pediatricians who participate in Maryland’s Mouths Matter fluoride varnish program. You can read more information in the Member Handbook.
For Adults 21 and Over
Dental care is provided by Priority Partners through DentaQuest. Contact DentaQuest at 1-800-698-9611 or visit the DentaQuest Dental website for more information or to find a dentist.
Some of the covered dental services for adults include:
- Oral exam and cleaning twice per year