Apply Now for a $5,000 Scholarship!
Are you, or is a member of your family, interested in pursuing a career in health care or social services? Apply for a scholarship that can contribute $5,000 to college, technical or vocational school tuition! Priority Partners members and their family members can apply for the Association for Community Affiliated Plans (ACAP) Scholarship Program by December 1, 2020.
To apply, you will need:
- Completed application form
- Transcript of your grades (high school/GED or transcript from higher education institution)
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, employer, or other community member who is not related to you
- Three personal essays (650 words or less each) answering these questions:
- How have you benefited from the medical care, services and/or supports that have been provided by Priority Partners? (This can be from medical care you may have received from your doctor, nurse, or other medical professional and/or any contact or experience you have had with Priority Partners.)
- How will your studies further your career in the health care and/or human/social services fields?
- Why are you a good candidate to receive this award?
- Signed confidentiality and release waiver and accuracy statement (last page of application form)
Mail all of the above to:
Priority Partners Administration
Attn: Patricia Thomas
7201 Parkway Dr.
Hanover, MD 21076
or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, by December 1, 2020.
Questions? Contact Patricia Thomas at email@example.com.
- This scholarship will have no impact on the winner’s Medicaid eligibility. The money goes directly to the school and is used for tuition: it cannot be used for food or living expenses and will not count as unearned income.
- The money must be used for tuition or educational expenses at an institution of higher learning. This can include books and lab fees, but not living expenses such as rent or meal plans.
- Current enrollees in Priority Partners, or their immediate family members (spouses, children, parents, guardians, or siblings), are eligible to apply. If you are a family member of a Priority Partners member and have an uncommon living arrangement, please clarify on the application.
- If you have applied in previous years, you can reapply: but if you have won this scholarship in the past, you are no longer eligible.