Looking for a doctor? Follow the steps below to find a doctor for the care you need. You can search for a primary care provider (PCP), specialists or hospitals and other health care centers.
Step 1: From our Home page, click “Find a Provider.”
Step 2: Click the button for the type of doctor or health care center you want.
- The list shows all hospitals in Maryland, sorted by name, starting with A.
- If you know the name of the hospital you want, type it into the “Refine results” box.
- If you want to see hospitals close to you, enter your address or ZIP code on the right.
Urgent Care Centers
- The list shows all urgent care centers in Maryland, sorted by name, starting with A.
- If you know the name of the center you want, type it into the “Refine results” box.
- If you want to find urgent care close to you, enter your address or ZIP code on the right.
- If you know the name of the doctor, type their name into the “Already have a doctor/clinic in mind?” box. As you type, possible matches will appear under the box. If you see the doctor you are looking for, you can click on their name. To see the full list of matches, click the “Search” button.
- If you do not have a doctor in mind, you can search based on location.
- In the “Location” section, type in your home ZIP code (or the ZIP code where you want to get care).
- Use the drop-down selection to choose how far you want to travel to see your doctor.
- To see all doctors in your state, choose the state you want to search.
- In the “Search in my network” section, click the boxes to select the type of service you want. You may select more than one service type. For a PCP, choose “Primary Care.”
- Click the “Search” button.
- If you search by ZIP code, the doctors closest to you are on top. If you search the entire state, your results are sorted by name, starting with A. You can choose other ways to sort the names from the “Sort by” box under “Search Tools.” After you click “Search,” a new page will open that will allow you to narrow your search.
- If you want to improve your search, type in the provider’s name, ID or specialty in the Refine Results box. You can also use the drop-down selection bars on the right to narrow your search results to search providers by specialty, network, hospital affiliation, medical group, language spoken or gender.
- To search for a Vision specialty provider, search under the provider’s specialty (for example, Optometry or Ophthalmology).
- To make sure that the doctor is accepting new patients, click the box on the right. Then click “Search” to refresh the list with only those doctors.
- You can also do a location search based on your full address to know exactly how far a doctor is from your home or work. Type your address in the “My Address” section at the bottom of the right-hand menu.