Answers to your questions
Click on some of the most frequently asked questions below to find the answer. For additional questions, contact our customer service department at 1-800-654-9728.
- How do I enroll with a Managed Care Organization (MCO)?
- My benefits have been terminated. How do I re-enroll?
- Is my newborn automatically enrolled?
- How do I get a replacement identification (ID) card?
- How do I change my Primary Care Physician (PCP)?
- How do I obtain a listing of PCPs and Specialists that participate with Priority Partners?
- Who or where do I call for eye/vision care?
- Who or where do I call for dental care?
- Who or where do I call for mental health or substance abuse participating providers?
- How long does it take for my insurance to become effective?
- Do I need to contact Priority Partners prior to going to the emergency room?
- If I pay the full price for a prescription will Priority Partners reimburse me?
- How can I obtain a nebulizer?
- When do I call Priority Partners Customer Service?
- Where can I find an urgent care center?
Participants can enroll in an MCO and pick their primary care provider (PCP) after they receive information from the enrollment broker about each MCO with directions about how to enroll in an MCO and select their PCP. Contact HealthChoice at 1-800-977-7388 for information.
Here’s how you can reapply for your health benefits:
- Online at Maryland Health Connection – Create a user account, then go to “Start New Application” from the Quick Links on the Account Home page
- By calling the Maryland Health Connection Call Center at 1-855-642-8572
- In-person at your local Health Department, local Department of Social Services, or regional Connector Entity
Yes, if mother is a Priority Partners member on the newborn’s date of birth.
No, if mother is a member of a different MCO on the newborn’s date of birth.
No, if mother has no MCO or MA coverage on the newborn’s date of birth. In this case their Mother should contact local Department of Social Services. Click here for a list of Social Services offices in each county.
Contact Priority Partners at 1-800-654-9728 or you can also request an ID card by logging into your HealthLink@Hopkins account.
Contact Priority Partners at 1-800-654-9728 or you can also change your PCP by logging into your HealthLink@Hopkins account. Your approved PCP change will become effective the day Priority Partners is notified.
Contact Priority Partners at 1-800-654-9728 or go to the “Search for a Provider” section of this website.
Contact Superior Vision at 1-800-428-8789.
If you have a substance abuse or mental health question or concern, or need to be directed to treatment options, please call Beacon Health at 1-800-888-1965, and they will be happy to assist you.
Each application is reviewed individually so it’s difficult to predict a specific timeline. The Department of Health and Mental Hygiene strives to process them within days of receiving the application. Check back with the local Health Department or Department of Social Services where you applied. They will be responsible for processing and approving your application. Once your application is approved you have 28 days to select one of the HealthChoice MCOs to provide your health benefits. Services become available 10 days after you choose an MCO.
No. For life threatening emergencies contact or dial 911 and then call your Primary Care Provider within 24 hours to let him or her know about the emergency. However, if you have a problem after normal business hours that is not a medical emergency, you can receive services at urgent care centers. Directions on how to find a center are provided in the “Where can I find an urgent care center?” question below.
Yes, as long as the prescription is on the list of medication covered by Priority Partners. You may initially want to return to the pharmacy within two weeks of obtaining the prescription for reimbursement. After two weeks send your prescription receipts to Priority Partners. Call Customer Service at 1-800-654-9728 for additional information.
Contact Priority Partners at 1-800-654-9728.
Call Priority Partners to change your Primary Care Physician, to add a newborn and mom on the baby’s date of birth, to verify enrollment eligibility, or to obtain an MCO ID card.
You can find an urgent care center near you in three easy steps.
- Go to the provider directory and enter your zip code or select your state from the drop-down menu.
- Click the “Hospital or Facility” option, then click the “Search Providers” button.
- From the search results page, find the “Specialty” search category on the right side, and select “Urgent Care Center” from the drop-down menu.